Modern LJ Pilates
A little bit about me!
Hello…….my name is Leonie Dykes, having had a bad back for years I decided to give Pilates a go, now I’m teaching it!
I am a qualified Advanced Level 3 Diploma Modern Pilates Instructor. Accreditation Number 600/4015/4
REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals UK) full membership number R009346
Further qualifications include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral and Nutritional Advise. Qualification Number 600/5105/X
- Level 4 Exercise for the Management of Low Back Pain. Qualification Number 600/3359/9
- Advanced workshop in Back Pain and Spinal Conditions.
- Advanced Matwork Pilates
- Diagnostic Pilates 1 Postural Assessment and Shoulder Stability
- Hip and Knee
- Diagnostic Pilates 2 Pelvis and Lower Limb
- Pelvic Floor Function and Dysfunction and 2 day Diamond Pilates course
- Pilates Inspiration Workshop
- Not the same old Balls Inspiration work shop
- Neuro-lates Workshop
- Osteopo-lates Workshop
- Whats all the Fuzz about Fascia Workshop
- Bodyweight Gurus Masterclass ( Calisthenics )
- TRX Suspension Training Instructor
- Fully insured with REPs and TQUK Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work First Aid Qualified
I was trained in a little town called Glossop in Derbyshire, and was taught by Cherry Baker the main tutor and founder of Modern Pilates and Director of Professional Fitness and Education Limited.My aim is to provide the highest quality Modern Pilates, Weight Training and Calisthenic’s Lessons in my area.
- The knowledge I have is passed onto you through carefully planned programmes. Modern Pilates course is unique in that it adopts a clinical approach to Pilates and is taught by physiotherapists and Modern Pilates Matwork practitioners.
- Modern Pilates is a method of exercise that will condition and tone the body. Its methods are very different from many traditional types of exercise. The aim is to work muscles from the inside out, creating a stronger flatter mid section, improved posture, muscle balance, realigning the spine and improving both the function and appearance of the body.
- Modern Pilates is a relaxing and individual programme which works both the body & mind. Modern Pilates is also aimed at relieving stress and can help improve sleep patterns and tension, specifically in the neck and shoulders.
Should you have any questions please feel free to call me.